Saturday, January 23, 2010

I'm somebody now!

Wow, I have my own blog site. I'm somebody now! I'm reminded of Steve Martin in the movie "The Jerk." (Yes, it's an old movie, I know, but I'm that old, too.) When he finds his name in the phone book, he erupts, "The new phone books are here, the new phone books are here! I'm somebody now! Millions of people look at this book everyday! This is the kind of spontaneous publicity, your name in print, that makes people. Things are going to start happening to me now...."

Things are about to start happening to me, too. Good things, I hope. An adventure anyway.

Okay, so here I go! My first post. One of many to come. I hope you enjoy them. You'll get to ride and hike along with me. Only you'll get to do so in the comfort of whatever space you're in. I suspect you'll be warmer than I, more rested than I, and more in tune with what's happening in the world. But, at times, you'll be reading from work. And I won't be there! (maniacal laughter).

I'm leaving in three weeks (and two days). I'm so excited. But nervous, too. I have played all of it out in my mind's eye. Of course, nothing bad happens to me in my mental video. I do not, as my "friends" at work have suggested, get run over, or kidnapped and tortured by a serial killer, or bitten by a rattlesnake, or mauled by a bear, or any of the other catastrophic things they have imagined and posited as my ultimate demise. In my view, I skip along merrily, impervious to death and destruction. After all, perception is reality! And so it shall be.

So come along with me, my friends. Live vicariously. Take an adventure. I'm going to have the time of my life! (big, big smile)

1 comment:

  1. Sara, great up date never thought much about a TRIKE befor,however you make one sound great,great job of getting your TRIKE put together,i dont really know you ,other than i was going to try to do this ride with you,really sorry i cant ,IT TRULY SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT (mis)ADVENTURE ,one that i would be truly proud to take part in ,.what i am trying to get too here is that ,EYE AM TRULY PROUD OF YOU. eye know this sounds blase,but "YOU GO GIRL"!!! maybe someday i can at least make it to pensacola meet up with you and do some riding together. eye am not much of a hiker due to my M.D. but this dream of yours is completly doable , so just "DO IT". please know that you AND all your partners in crime ,so to speak ,just had to get that in there because of your job . but please know that all of you are in my prayers ,so have a safe and fun journey. i will be waiting for more updates PLUS more pics,o.k. then until next time lATERZZZ Dave The Wave

    ReplyDelete