Friday, February 12, 2010

The weather

Today was supposed to be my last day of work for a looooong time. But in anticipation of snowmageddon (snickering), the powers that be closed down the courthouse and the office with which I'm employed. Not that I'm complaining. It was nice to have the day off, especially since we didn't, in fact, have an epic weather event. I saw snow flurries for about 20 minutes, which was cool, but it hit the ground as water and never accumulated. I managed to run some last-minute errands before we push off on Monday.

I was sorry to have missed my Good Luck Luncheon that was scheduled today at work. My "true friends" (don't think I'm talking about you, Clay) had planned a very nice pot-luck send-off. But it wasn't meant to be. Blame it on the weather. Monday we'll ride right by the courthouse on our way out of town, so maybe I'll get to say goodbye after all. To all those who won't dare to brave the cold to catch me as I/we ride by: See you in October!

Meanwhile, wish for warmer weather and calmer winds (unless it's a tailwind). We're all hoping Spring will come early to Louisiana and Texas, but it doesn't look promising. So much for global warming.

All I can say is, "Thank you, God, for thermal underwear!"

1 comment:

  1. I really hope we do get to wave as you peddle by.... You will be missed!!! But don't worry, I'm saving all my FTRs for when you return! ;) Don't forget your gun. Love you!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete