Saturday, May 15, 2010

May 13 -- Yosemite NP & Fresno

I left my Aunt's and Uncle's house at 8:30 am, but with traffic and construction delays, it took me 6 hours to get all the way into Yosemite NP on the valley floor. When I got there, it was a zoo. There were soooo many people there you'd think it were the middle of summer, which I assure you it's not. By mid-day, there were no accommodations to be had. No campgrounds or lodges or motels. I was so disappointed and annoyed by all the people that I drove out of the park (two hours) to Fresno, where I got a motel room. I will have to come back when I can reserve space and spend several days here exploring this vast park.

Tomorrow, I'm going back to King's Canyon NP. The roads should be open and the snow partially melted, at least enough to move around and enjoy the sights. I have two days to enjoy it, which I think will be enough time.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone

No comments:

Post a Comment